Pastor Brent challenges the idea that Jesus came to establish a new religion and shows why trusting in religion won’t get you where you thought you were going.
- Why do you think some could be drawn to religion (right beliefs, behavior, rituals, etc.) over a relationship with Jesus?
- Why do you think Jesus was so hard and confrontational with the religious leaders in Matthew 23?
- As Jesus critiqued religion, do any of his critiques surprise you? If so, so why or why not?
- Of the problems of religion Jesus pointed out, what do Christians today need to be most aware of (or are tempted by) and why? (Religion burdens, brags, blinds, busies, buries)
- What can you do to make sure you don’t fall into the trap of religion?